Monday, May 21, 2012

Play Date Cafe Challenge 132 (1st card)

Here is my 1st card for the current Play Date Cafe Challenge.

This week the colors are black, white and a splash of mustard yellow.

And here is my card:




For this card, I had been making a different card for a different challenge, and my black dye ink pad dropped onto the card front, so I couldn't use it. It had a big ink mark on it. I set it aside and when I started to make a card for this challenge, decided to use it. I smeared, and dabbed more ink on it from my dye ink pad, then I used my own fingers to add the fingerprints! After washing my hands :), I cut and stamped the mustard yellow cardstock strips, and added them to my card.





So what are you doing this week?
On Thursday my mom and sister are going down to Pittsburgh to visit my grandma, and me and my dad will be traveling down on Saturday and we will all be coming back on Monday. 
Well, anyway, I better go. Me and my sister Hannah are going to play Lord of the Rings monopoly! 
Have a great day and remember Jesus loves you!


Bethany Marie :)

(Marie is actually my middle name) 



6 comments:

Ardyth said...

Way to roll with the punches - what a great background you ended up with and I love what you did with the sentiment. This is really cool and a technique I'll have to remember and try!

Virginia L. said...

Very artsy and creative, Bethany!! Love your take on the colors!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

The wonders of serendipity. Blessings!

Donna Bowman said...

Bethany, I love your unexpected background - you really made it work! Thank for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so fun and super, stinkin' unique, Bethany! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Laura Jane said...

GREAT job Bethany!
SMASHINGLY good card.