Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Play Date Cafe Challenge 132: 2nd card

Good morning everyone! Here is my 2nd entry for the current Play Date Cafe challenge, and I'm entering it in the Splatter Technique Challenge in the Moxie Fab World!




Here is my card:



I just figured out that taking side-view pictures of your cards looks better then straight-on front views! 

I splattered the white paint, then in a little bit did the yellow.  After it dried, I added the butterfly and the sentiment. Well, actually there was a different sentiment stamped in white ink under the "thank you" but it didn't look right, so I covered it up  :) 

I seriously love to do splatter now! I made one card and I can't stop! More splatter cards to come :)





Today is Tuesday, the day we work at our church's cafe, and I need to read the driver's manual too! 

I'll be back with another card later, but the focal point is a lot of glitter! 

Jesus loves you!


Bethany Marie :) 



3 comments:

Ardyth said...

You took the 'splash' of yellow very literally! lol! This is really cool - I'm working up to the spatter technique - I'm too much of a control freak! lol!

Eileen Ng said...

Very lovely abstract card! This week's theme at Tuesday Alchemy challenge blog is butterflies and your card would fit in perfectly! Maybe you would like to stop in and play with us! :)

Eileen

http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com/2012/05/challenge-15-beautiful-butterflies.html

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bethany, that yellow spatter is so fun and a *perfect* way to incorporate the 'splash' of yellow for our challenge.

Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)