Friday, August 24, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays: Banners & Flags!

Hello everyone!
It's been awhile since I did a blog post, or even made a card! But I've got a card to share today for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge and for the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


Here is my card:




A little bit of info on this card: It was made around midnight to 1 in the morning.
Why? Well, me and my sister wanted to try and stay up all night one day this summer before school starts again...and last night was when we did it. Soooo we were watching the Andy Griffith Show and  a little while after the CAS-ual Fridays challenge went live, I decided to make a card. So I took some of my crafting supplies out into the living room, where me and my sister were "camped out" and I made it. And guess what...I used Copics for the very. first. time. last night! What happened was...we are, Lord-willing, going into the city where I can do a bit of crafty shopping on Saturday. Well, I got an 
e-mail from Michael's Craft store last night with a special deal on Copics-buy one get one 50% off. 
My mom was afraid that I might buy some, so she gave me the ones she was saving for a Christmas present for me as an early Christmas gift :) (thanks mom!) 
So I used Copics for the first time! 

So...I made this card by using the wider tips on my Copics and coloring them monochromatic-ly 
(is that even a word?)  on some white cardstock, then cut out the banners by hand. 
 I colored a bit of thread with my Copics too, and I adhered the banners to it. Once it dried enough so it stayed together, I adhered it to the card, and stamped the sentiment. 


I am sooo thankful and glad to be playing along with a challenge! It seems like it has been such a long time since I did! 
I am finally starting to comment and read posts on blogs again regularly, which I wasn't doing for awhile. 




Jesus saves!

Bethany :) 

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

Ooh, your use of Copics are divine! Perfect shading on an awesome clean and simple card. New profile picture too? I should check out my email to see if I got that coupon, hoping it didn't expire yet! They are great markers and can't wait to see more from you!

Jenny said...

Love the gradient colour change on your flags...just like dyed material!! What a fun banner card :0)
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
Jenny x

Gwen said...

Bethany, this is a great card for the repetition challenge! What a neat CAS masterpiece! How cool to see a young lady having fun with these challenges and lovin' Jesus!! Copics are so much fun and I love how you've used them here. Come visit my blog sometime!!

Kimberly said...

Bethany - I'm so happy for you to have gotten some Copics. I just got my first ones too (was using Prismacolor markers for a few years). I love what you've done with your's on this beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

You've done a fantastic job with your new Copics! I love the look of the the gradient on each flag and the clever way you've tucked the sentiment in between them. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Cath said...

Hey Bethany! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked
submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.

Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
My page shaw2sgnmi.webnode.com