Saturday, September 15, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays: Embossing (4th and last card) and Liebster award!

Here is my 4th and last card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge!


CFC69: Create a CAS project using embossing.  
Dry, heat or a combination of the two, it's completely up to you!



Since I LOVE the way this card turned out...I have a lot of different photos! 








I kinda did a resist technique here. I stamped the leaves on strips of cardstock, embossed them, then rubbed green dye ink over the strips, and stamped leaves over the embossed leaves and green ink in a darker green ink. I hope that makes sense. 
I LOVE how this card turned out. Don't you just love it when you make a card and you are like...I LOVE this! I know I do. 

Now, I have some more things to share.

Next, thank you to Ardyth for nominating me for the Liebster award!
I am so thrilled!


ABOUT THE AWARD

This award was designed to be a blog award in the pay it forward fashion. Once you've been nominated, you award it to blogs that you like that have fewer than 200 followers, to encourage new visitors to visit these new blogs.
 



RULES FOR ACCEPTANCE


Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog. Post the award onto your blog.Give the award to five bloggers who you appreciate that have fewer than 200 followers. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know that you have given them this awesome award!
PAY IT FORWARD

Here are the blogs of 5 women that I follow - go check them out and leave them a comment! 


And now...the 3rd and final thing in this loooong post.
On Sunday we went to a poultry show. Me and my sister showed some birds (I took 11, she took 4) and I clerked, which is helping the judge by writing down which bird won what so that the people in charge of the show can give the awards to the right people. 



Me clerking. The judge is in the backround.

Me clerking again. 

Me with my clerking book where I write stuff down. 

Me and my sister at the show. 

Me with one of my ducks that won Champion Junior Waterfowl!

Sorry for the long post!

http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/

http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2012/09/cfc69.html

Jesus saves!

Bethany :) 



9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love your embossed stripes!! Really beautiful! I love your photos, too, Bethany! The chicken show business is SERIOUS, huh? Thanks so much for sharing! You look so lovely!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Deb said...

Congrats on your win!!! Fabulous! And I love all of the work you put into this. Those stripes really stand out. Great card!!!

pamela said...

Love the stripes!

Ardyth said...

I love this card too and look forward to seeing the other 3! Congrats on the win with your duck - we were at our (almost) local fall fair last week, and my big-city kids were thrilled to hold a brand new chick and see some eggs hatching!

Julie Day said...

Love the strips of embossed leaves and love what technique you did with the embossing. Great simple design and perfect touch with bling :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Suzanne D. said...

What a clever and creative design! I love it! And fun photos too! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

I love the modern design and those embossed blocks of pattern :0)
Great photos of the show, congrats on winning a class :0)
Thank you for playing along wth us at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Karen B. said...

Congratulations on the Leibster award and the Poultry Award! It seems like you keep really busy. I really like your card, the whole design of it, and it is so neat to read when other people like their own cards, I think that is what makes this hobby fun!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE this card--love the design!!!!!!! Congrats on the Leibster award!! HOOOOORAY:) And those are some fun pics at the Poultry show! I remember when I would show chickens/eggs at the 4H fair. Those were some fun days! Congrats on your Champion duck!!!