Friday, October 5, 2012

Lawnscaping Fall Blog Hop!


Hi! Welcome to our Lawnscaping Blog Hop! I'm so glad you are here, and I'm very thankful I am able to participate! You should have come here from Tamara This month's theme is everything FALL! 
The hop runs from Friday, October 5th, all the way until Sunday, October 7th.  Make sure to comment on all of the blogs to be eligible for some FANTASTIC prizes!  All of the details can be found on the Lawnscaping home page.


This is the first blog hop I've ever participated in...so bear with me in case I mess up :) 

I have a couple projects to share with you today...let's get started! 






I was inspired by the pumpkins on the ground in the one photo in the top in the blog hop badge.
Sooo....I inked some green pigment ink on my card base for grass as a start. Then I made some pumpkins by using watercolors on some white cardstock. After the watercolors were dry, I stamped and cut out the pumpkins and added some glitter glue on top. I also paper pieced the stems. I adhered the pumpkins to the card, using foam tape for the two smaller ones. To finish the card off, I stamped a sentiment and added a strip of black cardstock to ground everything. 


------------------------------------------------------------------


Now, onto my 2nd project:




Another pumpkin themed project. To do this hanging glass ornament, I stamped the pumpkin (using Solvent ink) onto the glass. I then used watercolors to color a spot on some cardstock, and when it was dry stamped the pumpkin on it, cut it out and added some glitter glue. I also used the same method for the stem. I paper pieced everything and replaced the gold cord the ornament came with for some baker's twine. 


--------------------------------------------




For this card, I was inspired by the photo in the lower left-hand corner of the blog hop badge. I thought I could use the colors of the flowers in the vase on leaves! I used some pigment inks to color some white cardstock, stamped the leaves, then cut them out (yep, that took awhile). Though I LOVE the way this card turned out, it wasn't the way I originally planned it. You see, the black border around the leaves was actually on another card base. I started attaching the leaves to it, and it just didn't work right. I added more black strips, which ruined it even more. So I decided to cut it out. After I cut it out, I adhered it to this card and stamped a sentiment. :) And I love it better this way! 

--------------------------
OK. One last card.  Sorry, I couldn't stop making stuff for the blog hop :) 



This wasn't really inspired by anything in the blog hop badge, but it is fall-related, being a Thanksgiving card, so I guess it fits. 
I stamped the turkeys on the card. I inked some white cardstock with some dye inks, stamped the turkeys again and cut out the feathers. I then paper pieced them all using foam tape to give some dimension. And I finished it off with a sentiment. :) 

Well, thanks SO much for visiting!

You next stop is Jen McDermott! 

In case you get lost or off track at any point, just head back over to the Lawnscaping blog to see the complete list of designers and prize information!

Have a great day and weekend!

Jesus saves!

Bethany :) 












64 comments:

Elena said...

so cute! my fave is the turkey, with his little raised feathers - love that!

Elise C. said...

Your cards are all so cute! I like the ornament that you made and all of your glittery pumpkins! :)

Jen said...

Love the ornament, and that turkey is too cute!

Ardyth said...

Oh, wow! Lots of great ideas here - love the ornament, the grass under the pumpkins (and of course the sparkle) and that turkey's feathers and how your leaves are not fully glued down - just like a real leaf pile! I think you did a fab job on your first blog hop, Bethany!

Pam from Maine said...

Wow, thanks for all your creativity. Nicely done.

gRiSeL™ said...

hahah! I kept thinking, "ooh! I like this card!" and as I scrolled down to see more pictures I would get even more excited!!! Super adorable cards!!! I think the turkey one is my favorite!! (;

Sue D said...

Very cute fall projects. Love the glittery pumpkins and the dimension on the leaf card. Cute turkey card too!

Barb said...

These are all perfect. Love the dimension...and your design style! Awesome designs

Joe Shien Shien said...

great projects..!! love your hanging glass ornament, think of making one someday...and love the card with the layered leaves the most..

Jen McD said...

Beautiful colors and I adore your use of glitter!

Lauren, Crafts by: readysetLove said...

Cute projects! Love your glittery pumpkin. :)

Lauren

Diane said...

Lots of awesome projects.....all those layered leaves are stunning!!

lenny said...

Love your Fall projects!
Totally love those shimmery pumpkins ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great projects! Loving all the popped out elements, I think the one with all the leaves is my favorite.

Christiana said...

What a bunch of awesome projects! Man, you really went above and beyond!

Hilde van Rijnsoever said...

Cool cards! The one with the leaves is my favorite!

MamaKaraba said...

LOVE your glittery pumpkins on the 1st card!Thanks for the chance to win free stuff!

Laura Jane said...

Very well done Bethany:)

gscrapbooks said...

Great projects! Love the coloring and the popping out pumpkins. So great!

Cat Craig said...

Another prolific crafter. Each of your projects is charming. Especially like the ornament...I am a glitter fan

Laurel said...

What a great group of fall inspiration here!

Kelly said...

You've been busy! Love all the projects and the touches of glitter. I esp LOVE that leaf card. Love the explosion of the fall leaves bursting from the card. GORGEOUS!

elizabeth said...

Beautiful projects. Love the leaves on the card. They look like the card is just bursting with these.

Barb Ghig said...

I really love all of your projects! So much fussy cutting and coloring...and so worth it for the great results!!!

Donna Bowman said...

Gorgeous fall projects!!

Rachel W K said...

lovely projects, and i especially like that bright little turkey :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Karen B. said...

I adore all your projects, but I think you saved the best for last. I love your turkey card, and how the only real colors on the card are feathers. Absolutely perfect! And...I think your post is great, you did a fine job for it being your first blog hop!

Jenny said...

I love how you layered all the leaves on your card...looks so life like!

Heidi said...

These are all fantastic! You were super creative for this hop... love the colorful turkey tail feathers.

Samantha Mann said...

everything is so wonderful!! way to go!!! beautiful glass ornament! and LOVE all of your cards! you're a master of glitter!!

Doris said...

Love the originality of the cards!

Betty said...

They're all wonderful! Love those leaves! Thanks for sharing!

belldoubleyou said...

So many awesome projects! I especially like the glass piece. Did you find it worth it to stamp the glass in the end, given that the paper pieces probably covered most of that anyway?

Tracy said...

Awesome projects! I love the sparkly pumpkins on the first card!

Tami B. said...

You've really been busy with all these cute projects. I love the leaf card but shudder to think of all the fussy cutting it took to make it.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Have to give you the bzzz bee award with the many wonderful creations. Like the CAS styler of the cards. Like the tag. Like the stamping glass ornament idea that I may have to borrow.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sabine said...

Wow, these are all adorable! Love the glittery pumpkins and the card with all the leaves is sooo pretty!

Laurie said...

Oh how I love glittered and shiny things. Nicely done!

Tamara said...

oh my, 3 creations!! I love them all. Gets me in a fall mood

Ruth G said...

So many projects! Lots of shine and fall fun! The leaves are my favorite! It tickles me the way their edges curl up like real leaves!!! TFS!

Melissa Shea said...

Beautiful projects! All 3 are so fun! I love the paper pieced turkey, the repetition really makes the middle turkey stand out as your focal point! And congrats on your first blog hop! You did great!

mtscrapgal said...

I like all your projects. The fussy cut leaves card was my favorite. I know that took time and patience. Congratulations on completing your first blog hop assignment in flying colors.Thanks

gobeagirl said...

Hi Bethany, I love all your projects. You can tell that you like to take pictures just be the little details that you add to each of your projects. They are just gorgeous and I really really loved your little pumpkins on the glass. Super cute and would be so fun to have on a neckless depending on the size. I can just see that around a sweater clad neck with that satin cord they sell. Really would get alot of talk over that piece of art. You did such a wonderful job on them all. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa G

Suzy said...

love the dimension on your cards! Thanks for sharing :)
-Suzanne suzyq28024@gmail.com

Karenladd said...

Wow, you have been busy with your projects and they're all so FUN!!! Love all the unique details that make them stand out!

Mei said...

I love your glass tag! It looks so elegant! Thank you so much for sharing for us!

frommycraftroom said...

Very busy bee. Love the fussy cutting. TFS.

rheddhedd said...

Glad you didn't stop - I love the last card! They way you handled the turkey feathers was awesome - super card! Thanks for sharing how you "saved" your leaf card. It is good to know how others deal with those challenges. :-)

Tracie Nicole said...

This is fantastic great creations

Denise Bryant said...

Fun projects! Love the sparkle on the pumpkins! Your leaf card turned out great... happy accident! TFS your story on it!
DeniseB

Cris said...

Love your cards! But my favorite has to be the acetate tag, so cool! Love it!

glowegal said...

Oooh I love your CAS style!! So beautiful! I especially love the square filled with leaves! Such a gorgeous idea!

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful cards and designs

PaperPixie said...

Your first blog hop was officially a success! I never thought to do the water coloring first and THEN stamp over it but I am sure that eliminates smearing. Thanks for the great idea. I like all of your cards but the leaves are my favorite! Though I can't imagine all that cutting!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Thanks for showing all your gorgeous projects, lots of inspiration :)

Ashley said...

What GORGEOUS projects!!! I love them all, but I think the turkey card is my fave! Great job!

~Ashley
proudusmcwife@gmail.com
http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Wow, you made a ton of stuff for this hop! Impressive :) I especially like the pumpkin ornaments. If you made these on shrink plastic I bet they'd make cute wine glass charms!

Yainea said...

This is so inspiring! I love all your projects and that glass ornament? Amazing!

Scrapaddict said...

Adorable projects! Love the ornament too

Lizzy Criman said...

What great projects!!

Dawn said...

Congrats on doing your first blog hop. I enjoyed seeing all your projects. Glad you had fun doing them.

Kristii said...

Your projects are absolutely amazing!!! I love your work!! Your name drew me to your blog as my daughter's name is bethany marie!! Such a wonderful name!!! Thank you for inspiring me and blessing my heart!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

You have been BUSY!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOW!

You have blown me away with each of these creations--I LOVE that card with all those leaves! SO pretty! And I LOVE the glittered pumpkins!

Linda said...

Cute cards!!