Thursday, February 14, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays: Love Song

Hello and good morning! I've got a card, and just one this time, for the current CAS-ual Fridays challenge.


And here is my card:




This card was inspired by the song "Into the West" from the end of the last Lord of the Rings movie, Return of the King. It's kinda based off of the ship going into the west at the end of the movie, into a sunset, so that is what I did on my card.

Here's a link to the song:


Sorry, I couldn't get it to embed in the blog post. 




So for this card, I used small dye ink pads to rub over the card base, creating the "sunset" and "water" and then stamped the sailboat on the water. And then added a sentiment.


Jesus saves!

oh, and Happy Valentine's Day! 

Bethany :) 


Supplies:
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (sailboat from Masculine Motifs set, sentiment from Take Three: Summer set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Bahama Blue, Tangelo?, Dandelion?-not quite sure about the last two) Tsukineko, (True Black) Papertrey Ink



1 comment:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

That's a beautiful way to make a card. I don't think I know the song, but it sounds sad. Gorgeous sponging, though!