Tuesday, February 19, 2013

CASology Guest Design: Flame





                     Hello! I'm Guest Designing with CASology this week and the cue word is:



And here is my take on it:



First let me say I am so honored and thrilled to be guest designing with CASology this week! :D 

So I was super stumped on how to work this out! First of all I thought of the colors of flame. I thought I'd try something with orange, yellow, and red glitter. Well, after a couple tries I decided it wouldn't work. So I pulled out a bunch of my dye inks in the colors of flame, and inked up some cardstock with those colors. After that I trimmed it into smaller pieces and adhered them to the card base. Then to finish everything up I stamped a sentiment in a really dark orange/reddish color. 

Head over to the CASology blog and check out the the Design Team's cards, and be sure to play along! 



Jesus saves!

Bethany :) 


Supplies: 
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamp: (sentiment from Make a Wish set) Papertrey Ink 
Dye Ink: (Terracotta Tile, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise) Papertrey Ink, (Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Dandelion) Tsukineko 
(I'm not too sure about all the inks I used, but I think it's pretty accurate) 

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love, love, love the simplicity of this Bethany! The monochromatic color scheme and trio of inked cardstock panels created one perfect card! Wow! So happy to have you as our guest designer this week!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Beautiful card, Bethany. Having the stripes at different sizes really adds interest to the gorgeous colour you've achieved!

Meghan said...

Love your take Bethany! Clever!

Maureen Merritt said...

Very cool take on the challenge! Congrats on being the GD at CASology this week, a well deserved win :)

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the cue word, Bethany - you definitely got a tricky word for your GD week! Love all the movement and texture in your inked panels - very flame like!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card for this week Bethany, those panels are really cool! Thanks for joining us as Guest Designer at CASology!

Judy1223 said...

Bethany, what a great take on the cue this week! Sometimes you don't need a stamp to get the cue across...your strips of color are beautiful! So glad to have you guest designing at CASology this week!

Robin K. said...

Congrats on your guest DT spot! I like how you used the colors to represent flame instead of a literal interpretation.