Thursday, February 14, 2013

Papertrey Ink Day 9 Anniversary Contest


*This is my second post today. For my CAS-ual Fridays entry post, scroll down*


Aloha, and good evening! Here is my first blog post for tonight! Today's Papertrey Ink Day 9 Anniversary Contest was to create some kind of accessory. I went with things for my hair. And here is the first thing I made:





I made a flower for my hair, and attached it to a barrette. 

I took 5 coffee filters, then stamped them with some doilies from PTI's Delightful Doilies set. Then I spritzed the coffee filters with water,  which makes the colors run, patted them dry. stamped then a bit more, then shaped them into a flower shape. You should let them dry overnight before gluing them together, but I needed to hurry, so I had to glue them when they were still damp. Then I hot-glued them onto a barrette and all done....
You want the colors to go together well when they bleed, and only use like 2, maybe 3 colors at the most, because if there are too many, they will just bleed together and turn it all brown. 
I've done these flowers before, and you can add glitter to them too if you want, but I thought this one looked beautiful just the way it was. :) 




Jesus saves!

Bethany :) 


Supplies:
Coffe Filters (5 of them) 
Dye Ink: (Royal Velvet, Winter Wisteria) Papertrey Ink
Clear Stamps: (Doilies from Delightful Doilies set) Papertrey Ink 
Other: (barrette) 

No comments: