Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Birthday Blocks of Color


Hello, and good afternoon fellow papercrafter and blog readers! I've got a card for the current CAS-ual Fridays challenge, which is to use blocks of color on your project. 





I picked out four different cardstock colors which I thought went well together. Then I cut strips from them, all the same size, and trimmed them all down to the same size squares. Or something close to squares. I'm not quite sure they are exact squares. :) Then I adhered them all to a panel of cardstock.  I embossed the butterflies in some clear embossing powder, and added 2 more squares popped up with foam tape and stamped with a butterfly and sentiment. I also added a border to the panel, and then adhered it to the card with some foam tape. 


Hope you have a great day! There was actually some snow on the ground here this morning! And it's still cold...we have a fire going in the woodstove today. So the house is REALLY warm. I'm wearing a t-shirt! 


Jesus saves!

Bethany :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: (all colors from Michaels/Recollections) 
Clear Stamps: (butterfly, sentiment from Butterfly Dreams set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder: (clear) Inkadinkado 
Watermark Ink:: VersaMark 

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is such a fun and colorful card Bethany! I LOVE the colors! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Deb said...

Bethany, I love all of those blocks of color!! And the embossing rocks! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Another beautiful color palette! and WOW! That's a lot of embossing! LOVE the way this frame comes off the card!! FAB x10000!