Friday, March 29, 2013

Muse Challenge #10

Helloooo! A lot happened this week. I got my learners permit for driving, a got a job at an ice cream shop in town (but I don't start until May), and a friend of mine has asked me to make her wedding invitations! :D
And, my blog-friend Ardyth is this week's Muse over at the Muse card club. I've really been wanting to play along with this challenge for awhile, I even made a card for it once, but missed the deadline, and this seemed like a great time to get a couple entries in. So here was the wonderful Muse card:



I just loved the circles and layout of the card, but I took my inspiration just from the whole
"circles" idea. 



I punched out a bunch of circles and layed them all over a panel of white cardstock. Then I splattered some watercolors ontop of it all,  misted the cardstock with some yellow mist (which I made with food coloring and water), added more splatters, and then threw on some glitter. 


Then I took off the circles, very carefully, so I wouldn't smear anything, (but I did leave a small smear anyway), and then stamped the sentiment. Then I set it aside to let it dry. :)


After it was all dry I adhered it to a red card base with some foam adhesive. 


Jesus saves!

 -Bethany 


Supplies
Cardstock: (white, Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink
Clear Stamps: (sentiment from a Hero Arts/Studio Calico set)
Paint/Mist: (watercolors, homemade yellow mist)
Tool: (circle punch) EK Success
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Accent: (glitter) Martha Stewart 


4 comments:

Greta said...

So creative & beautiful! Love your use of Ardyth's inspiration! Congrats on your big week, too!

Meg said...

Wow - you are on a creative roll! Great card and very inventive technique.

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

This is a really cool technique! I love the subtle sparkle of the glitter and the way the colours are layered! Thanks for playing along!

Michelle said...

Wow.... a beautiful card and a really creative technique!