Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

Hello, and good morning! For those of you who may not know what this post is...I'm applying for the Core'dinations design team, and this is the way you do it! I've made 3 cards for this post today. Two of the cards I've done have some step-by-step photos with, and I did a video for the last card. :) Let's get started!

 So first up I've got a card using some Core'dinations cardstock from the Black Magic collection. The colors were Protect (the pink) and Wizard (the green). I just love the Black Magic papers. They are just beautiful!


I started by cutting some strips of cardstock, 3 of each color. Then I sanded each of the pieces.
After that I wove them together in the pattern shown above, making sure I adhered each strip together.


After that I flipped the woven strips over and put foam tape all over the back. 


Then I adhered the strips to the card base, trimmed off any excess that was hanging over the sides, and then stamped a sentiment. And it was done! :) 
Below is the finished card:

I just love the gorgeous textured look of the sanded paper, and the color combo of the pink, green and black. 



And now for the 2nd card: (boy, was I ever excited when I was making this card, because I was just loving the way it was working out). 


So I started out by sanding part of a sheet of cardstock. (The color I used was Poseidon)Then I punched a row of circles, trying to make sure they were all spaced and lined up evenly. (that was no easy task..ha! I even had to restart at least once!)


Then I cut some rectangles out of some beautiful Core'dinations glittery cardstock, (the colors I used are Fashionista and Classy) and made sure they were not as wide as the strip with the circles in it, so nothing would stick out the sides. 
Then I flipped over the circle strip and put foam tape all over the back. 


Then I adhered all those rectangles I cut to the back of the circle strip. (above photo)


Then I took a stamp and stamped inside of each circle. 

 I also added some gems inside of each stamped image.


Then I cut some larger cardstock rectangles bigger than the circle strip, and adhered them as shown in the above photo.  And I used the opposite color of what color was under the punched-out circle. For example...
if the color under the punched out circle was Fashionista, then the color of the larger cardstock rectangle I would use would be Classy. I hope that makes sense! :) 


I also added just a scrap strip of cardstock to the back to help everything hold together. 


I then adhered the circle strip to the card base, trimmed off anything hanging over the edges, and stamped a sentiment. 

Here is the finished card:




And last, but not least, my final card, with a video! 

Here's the video:
And if you want a better quality version...here is the direct link to it on Youtube:

                                           

And here is the finished card:




Thanks for letting me show you my projects!

I love Core'dinations because of the beautiful cardstock (with the amazing colored cores!) 
and how you can use one sheet of cardstock so many various ways! 
I think I would be a good fit for the Core'dinations Design Team because I enjoy creating with their cardstock and because I also love coming up with new techniques and I also enjoy making papercrafting videos to share with people, and I love teaching people about papercrafting.

Jesus saves!

Bethany :) 


Supplies

Birthday Pink and Green Card (1st card)
Cardstock: : (Wizard, Protect from Black Magic Collection) (Core'dinations White Cardstock) Core'dinations
Clear Stamp: (sentiment from Birthday Basics set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko

Birthday Circles Card (2nd card)
Cardstock: (white) (GLITTER CARDSTOCK: Classy, Fashionista) (COLOR CORE CARDSTOCK: Poseidon) Core'dinations
Clear Stamps: (sentiment from Masculine Motifs set, dot spot shape from Dot Spot set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Accents: (gems) Michaels

My Dear Friend Card
Cardstock: (white) (COLOR CORE CARDSTOCK: Love Potion, Purple) (Protect from Black Magic Collection) Core'dinations
Clear Stamp: (sentiment form Irresistibly Ikat set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Accents: (pink gems) Michaels/Recollections

6 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Wow! You've really shown the versatility of this product. I think my favourite is the middle one.

maureenjscott said...

Awesome post and projects! Good luck! Mo xxx

Virginia L. said...

GREAT projects for the Coordination DT!! The two cards show how versatile the card stock is! You did a great job, Bethany! Good luck to you!

dstandard said...

What wonderful projects - great use of technique! Think the second card is my fav but loving all of them. Good luck - you put together some awesome cards!

Lee Soh Jung said...

My favorite is... the first... and the second one. The first card inspired me to make my own cross card. The diecut pieces and the way it's interwoven remind me of the cross. :D
Good luck with your DT application.

Kelly Griglione said...

Great job auditioning for the design team! I sure hope you get a spot. Your instructions were clear and easy to follow, and the cards all turned out so well! Best of luck, Bethany!