Monday, March 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink March Blog Hop


I've got a card for this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop...and the theme is sequins! I don't think I've used sequins on a card before, but there's a first for everything, right? 



I used a color combo of black + kraft, and then some gold sequins since I've been wanting to try out the gold trend on a card. 


I stamped the doily images on the card base, then cut out a frame, which I adhered to the card with foam tape. 



I added some lovely gold sequins and then added a sentiment.

Check out the rest of the blog hop over at Nicole's blog.
There are some pretty amazing entries. I've pinned quite a few of them. Such wonderful inspiration.

Jesus saves!

-Bethany :) 


Supplies
Cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink
Clear Stamps: (doilies from Delightful Doilies set, sentiment from Irresistibly Ikat set) Papertrey Ink 
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Accents: (gold sequins) 

10 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love the gold with the navy! Gorgeous as always!

artful-notions said...

Hi Bethany, love your card, so classic with the colors and popped up frame. Your sequins were just the right bling!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful! Love your color choices and the way it pops out!

Joyce Casaldi said...

Very pretty, and a unique design!

Kelly S. said...

Stunning color combo with those images, so elegant! Love the gold sequins, a perfect touch with this whole design.

Leigh said...

Pretty card, Bethany! This was my first time using sequins, too!

GabyCreates.com said...

love the doilies and can see you have been playing with core'dinations paper below love the teal color one w the circles!

Alex said...

Like your card very much!
Alex

paperella said...

Bethany, this is fantastic! Love the movement you achieved by combining the stamped doilies with the sequins!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So FABULOUS!!! LOVE your card and your great design!
Happy Easter hugs, Karin