Monday, April 1, 2013

Blue Flowers & Hexagons

Good afternoon... :) I hope you're Monday is going good. We haven't done too much today, besides lots of school work. I worked on some cards one of our neighbors and friends asked me to make, and also I made of couple of Stamping Royalty entries. I know, I should have sent those in by now, but I don't normally get them in until the last minute. I've got to work on all the entries I can! But, right now, I do have a card for the current CAS(E) This Sketch! challenge!   Here was the sketch:


And here's my card:


I did a pretty loose interpretation of the sketch, but this seemed the only thing working for me, so I just went with it. 


I used Faber-Castell Gelatos to color the flowers. I used various blues and a purple. I also fussy-cut them all out. I added a long hexagon stamp from Studio Calico, stamped with watercolors made with the Gelatos, and also added some watercolor/Gelato splatters. I also added some silver glitter to touch things up. 



Jesus saves!

-Bethany

Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Core'dinations
Clear Stamps: (flowers from Flower Garden set) Papertrey Ink, (sentiment) Technique Tuesday 
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Paint/Coloring Medium: (assorted Gelatos) Faber-Castell
Glitter: (silver) Martha Stewart Crafts 


1 comment:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Wow! The richness of the colour on those flowers, the watercolour hexes and the little sparkles of silver - this is amazing, Bethany! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!