Friday, April 5, 2013

Get Scrappy Bloghop!

Hey everyone, and good morning! Today I'm participating in the Get Scrappy Bloghop over at Cut, Crops & Creativity with Chaitali Narla.   The bloghop is all about using your scraps! Let's get started:



I have lots of scraps....and I store the patterned paper ones all together, shown above. So I sorted through them all, and picked out some nice ones that went together, such as ones from the same collection. 


The ones above are scraps from the Mira collection from K&Co. This is most likely my fav patterned paper collection. ever. 


So I punched a bunch of various shapes from the scraps. Circles, leaves, butterflies, scalloped circles. 
Then I adhered them all to the cardbase. 


I added a panel with a sentiment stamped over it to the whole card, along with some gems, and there you have it! The finished card. So, one way to use your scraps is to punch various shapes from them. 
And now for a 2nd card, using scraps a different way (and using a different patterned paper collection):


So for this card, I cut the scraps into small strips, then adhered them to the card. 


So yet another way to use your scraps is to cut them into small strips. 
And now for my last card:


I used another patterned paper collection, and this time again punched some shapes. And I used both the negative areas from the cardstock, and the punched out shapes. 


I punched out some scalloped circles, and used the negative punched out areas, and the circles that came out of them, which I flipped over so the pattern on the other side would show. 
I adhered all the various scraps to my card base, and also added some yellow watercolor splatters. 


I hope you enjoyed my cards...and be sure to go see everyone else's projects.A
And you can go to Chaitali's blog and create a project yourself, to link up, for a chance to win a prize! 
Also be sure to comment on everyone's posts for another chance at a prize! 
 Next you should be going to  Joyce's blog


and here is the master list in case you get lost on the way   :)



Jesus saves!

-Bethany

16 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Awesome!! Such creative ways to transform those scraps! Well done!

Quip1320 said...

These are all awesome. What great ideas for scraps.

Olga said...

Hi Bethany! wow your projects are gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration!

Winnie said...

Such great cards Bethany! I love the collagey look of the two of them with the fun paper scraps, and the striking striped one. Each is so pretty and so different from each other. Have a great weekend!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, you are so creative! I love the way you think, amazing cards.

Chaitali Narla said...

Wowie!! The punched shapes cards are just awesome! What a cool technique!! Love the first one. So clean but colorful!

MarcyK924 said...

OH MY! Bethany - you created some stunning cards! I've been a fan of yours for a while now, I saw your talent a while back. But this is so creative and inspiring, I'm so glad others can enjoy your work as much as I do!

Joyce said...

Great ideas, Bethany. You are very clever with your scraps. I'm sure you are on a tight budget, and it's important to use every inch of the paper you buy. I think my favorite card is the 2nd one--such a clever design with those strips.

maria mcclure said...

Hey Bethany, these are great!! What a fun blog hop... Thanks so much for the inspiration. If there's one thing we all have, it's scraps!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Bethany, love the way you have used your scraps! I like the way you used the negative in the third card - I usually throw this away!

Kathy Mc said...

How clever to use your paper scraps as a background on your 1st card, stripes on your 2nd card and die cuts & negatives as a collage on your 3rd one. They each are fun pieces of art, Bethany!

Glenna Anderson said...

Lovely cards! It's amazing that they came from scraps.

Glenna Anderson said...

Cute cards! You've inspired me to dig out my scraps and get busy!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOWOWOWOWZA! LOOOOOOVE all of these cards! LOVE that first one-- I love the papers and how you layered them!! And that second one is SUPER clever--love the strips with the gems!!! FABBBBBBBBBB! That last one is beautiful--great papers and colors! LOVE the splatters and white space!! YOU ROCK!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Bethany, you awesome girl - I just got my Papercrafts mag! Woohoo, birthday sprinkles is GENIUS! Congratulations!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This "Scraps" It's your day card, PERFECT idea for scraps..

Wow, I will look in my little waste can I tossed stuff in last night and make a quick retrieval!!!

I AM PINNING THIS!!!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my Glitters card on my blog, thanks so much, will check out all your cards when I have some time tonight!!!

-Kimberly