Thursday, May 2, 2013

CASE Study DT Search...2nd entry!

Hello, and good morning! So I had a pretty bad cold yesterday, but today I'm just mostly stuffed up and such, so hopefully I'll be better to get a bit of crafting in this weekend! But right now I have a card for the CASE Study DT Search! I really love this challenge. I don't always enter it, but I really love it! And you can be sure I will enter the current challenge, since one of my favorite papercrafters, Maile Belles, is the muse this month! But onto my card. I CASEd the talented and wonderful Jennifer McGuire. Here was the beautiful card I CASED:


And here is my card:


OK. So I really love how this turned out....so I took LOTS of photos of it. Sorry about that!  


I CASED the design of Jennifer's card, mostly the hearts. I hope you can see it on my card. 


I wanted a bright, happy, almost summer-country look on the card, so I went with some nice bright colors, and lots of hexagons! How I looooove hexagons! :) 


I adhered some of the squares with foam tape, to give dimension. 


Well, thats about it. I wish I could make more cards today, but I am gonna just rest. My sweet sister Hannah is also sick, so we are just relaxing and watching the Andy Griffith Show on Netflix. And I feel so bad to be missing out on the seriously beautiful weather we are having. oh well. Hopefully I can enjoy some of it over the weekend. 


Jesus saves!

-Bethany :) 


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (sentiment from Embellishments set, hexagons from Happy Hexagons set) Papertrey Ink 
Dye Ink: (Dandelion, Bahama Blue, Rose Bud, Bamboo Leaves, Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Dies: (Large Squares Nestabilities) Spellbinders

2 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I love the patchwork design on your card...the squares just jump right out at you with all that texture!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love your CASE, what a FUN idea!!