Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blue Ombre

Hello! Today I've got a card for the May AEI<3U Challenge! Yay! Here is the gorgeous inspiration photo:


I was inspired by the ombre look...how the water went from the lighter blue to the much darker blue. So I used that as my inspiration. 


I used one of the free digital stamps from Avery Elle...but instead of using it as lanterns, as they were intended to be, I used them as balls, or circles, or whatever you think they should be called! :) 
I was kinda thinking of calling them beach balls, with the inspiration photo being a summery (I don't think that is even a word)  type of photo. 


I started out by slightly doing some resizing on the computer so I would have a variety of different sizes of balls. Then I printed them on some heavy weight cardstock so when I used the watercolors the cardstock wouldn't warp. 


I used some various dye inks and made some watercolors by daubing the inks on a clear block then adding some water. I then colored the balls in an ombre fashion....starting with the lightest blue and going to the darkest. Very fun.
After that I embossed a clear sparkle embossing powder on top of each one.
 But then I had to cut each and every one out. Hard? Yes. Did it take a long time? Yes. But worth it? Very. 


After I cut them all out, I adhered them to the card, (some with some foam for dimension), then added some blue watercolor splatter, and then some gems. Then I added the digi stamp sentiment that went with the balls. 

Hope you like it! I am really happy with it! :)

Today I have to work for 5 hours, and I might have to work in the garden when I come home.  
But it's nice, since I work at an ice cream shop, I get to buy myself a smoothie or sundae or something when I leave for the day. Yum. 

Have a great weekend! 


Jesus saves!

-Bethany :) 



Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Bahama Blue, Danube Blue) Tsukineko, (Peacock Feathers) Ranger (and I know there is another color or two, but I forget which ones! Sorry!) 
Digi Stamps: (Avery Elle)
Accents: (gems) 
   

3 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Very lovely and lively!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful, Bethany! I love all the glitter and movement. Your new photo is lovely, too!

Avery Elle said...

Wow! You can really tell how much work you put into this. Very pretty card and a great interpretation of the photo.