Saturday, August 24, 2013

My first Stamp-a-Faire card!

Here's my first card for Stamp-a-Faire! It's for the Breakfast Bake & Take, which was to pick a color combo and a sketch and make something with them. 

I picked this color combo: 
 And this sketch:

And here's what I "cooked" up! 


I interpreted the sketch by using hexagons stamped as a backround in a quilt-type pattern.



I'm pretty happy with the sentiment. I let it run off the sides of the cardstock, and I just love the look of it! 


I'll be back later with more cards!

Jesus saves!

-Bethany :) 

Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (sentiment, hexagons from Happy Hexagon set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening, Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Spring Rain) Papertrey Ink 

8 comments:

Cecilie said...

Great job with this card - it looks beautiful!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love that you left some of the hexes white - very pretty and airy!

Cristina said...

Yay! First SAF card - check! And it's super awesome. :)

Kara said...

So pretty!!

cards by cara said...

Gorgeous!!

Gina said...

Bethany! This is beautiful!!! I love it!!! I, too, love how you left some of the space white. Definitely "happy mail" for the recipient! It reminds me of a quilt my great-grandmother made me when I was a little girl.

Wendy G. said...

I love your card! It really does look just like a lovely quilt. That hexagon set and coverplate was my first PTI purchase. I need to get it out again soon.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so perfect! Fabulous job with the colour combo and sketch!