Saturday, August 24, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire Tea Staining with Kool-Aid

I've got another Stamp-a-Faire card to share! 
This one is for Betsy Veldman's Tea Staining technique using Kool-Aid. Kool-aid! How neat it that! 


I stamped and embossed on some die cut banners, then dyed them with some red Kool-aid, which ends up turning a nice lovely pink. 


I tried to give the banners and ombre look. Not sure it turned out so well, but they look nice nonetheless. 


I also splattered some of the red Kool-Aid on the card. I threw in some enamel dots which I got at the Archivers in the Mall of America while on vacation. I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out! I love them SO much! 


Now off to work with some Paperclay! 

I shall be back later!

Jesus saves!

-Bethany :) 

Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (arrow shapes from Sketched Shapes set, sentiment from Birthday Basics set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Berry Sorbet) Papertrey Ink
Dies: (banners from Sketched Shapes dies) Papertrey Ink
Other: (Kool-aid packets, water, vinegar)
Accents: (enamel dots) My Mind's Eye

9 comments:

Martha S said...

Very cute! Love the splatters, too!

Betsy V said...

Bethany, this is awesome!! I love what you did with this. The ombre is so cool and I love, love, love the splatters!

merryf said...

This is fabulous! I love the splatters, the banner, the whole thing!

Gina said...

I LOVE it! The splatters add such a great touch. Love, love, love!

pinefeather said...

super cute card, Bethany!

pinefeather said...

super cute card, Bethany!

Lindsey said...

What a fabulous card, Bethany! Love it!

June K said...

What a beauty! Such a pretty CAS card.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool, Bethany! I love it!