Monday, September 30, 2013

Rustic Triangles

Hey all! Hope it's going well! I have a card to share today! Finally...I know! It's just been quite busy around here. We have a fall festival this weekend where we show our chickens, ducks, and also show baked goods, photographs, and a pumpkin, so that is going to take up time this week, and then I have school, and we have to stock the front yard with pumpkins to sell, and wash and price squash and so on, so it is busy. But I have managed to squeeze in a bit of papercrafting time! Yay! And here is some of the results of that time:


This card is for the Hero Arts Stamp Your Story Inspiration Contest. I was flipping through one of the catalogs and found a pretty color combo which I used here. 


I inked up the triangle border from the Hero Arts "Borders and Arrows" set from their new Holiday Catalog with various ink colors letting them overlap and mix which I think gives a rustic look. Maybe it's just my silly imagination. lol. 


I stamped and inked repeated times until I was happy it, then I stamped a sentiment. 


Above is a detail shot of the triangles. I think they are gorgeous! 

I'm going to try and maybe write down a schedule for me to write posts, or maybe I'll just schedule some, but I would like to try and be around more!

'Till next time!

Jesus saves!

-Bethany :) 

Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (sentiment from Everyday Sayings set, triangle border from Borders and Arrows set) Hero Arts
Dye Ink: (Dark Chocolate, Smokey Shadow, Spring Rain, Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Ocean Tides) Papertrey Ink, (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko 

1 comment:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

This is super cool! I love the technique and I love that you put it on a slight slant - I would never have thought of that!