Monday, February 3, 2014

Congrats on Your New Roost

Hey all! I've got a bit of a different post here today. I'll let you jump right in:


At first, the above two cards appear pretty much the same. But look closer and you will see that they are a bit different. I made the card to the left first. 


This is the card to the left in the first photo. The rectangle shaped panel on which the rooster and sun ray backround is stamped is elevated with some foam tape. I like it, but I thought I could do something to make it better. So I totally re-did it:


So, instead of making the whole backround panel popped up with foam tape, I die cut a rooster and adhered it with foam tape. The sun ray backround is stamped directly on the card. It gives it a more clean, organized look. You can tell the difference even more in person. 


Hope you had a great Monday! Me and my sis are going to play a game. 

Oh, and by the way, I'm quite happy with the way the Superbowl turned out! Yay for the Seahawks! Pretty boring game though. Some of the commercials made up for it though. I made a delicious dip for tortilla chips called Pizza Dip. SO good! 


Jesus saves!

-Bethany 

Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (all from On the Farm set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko, (Limeade Ice) Papertrey Ink, (Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass Distress Inks) Ranger
Die: (rooster) Papertrey Ink

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love how you used the On the Farm stamp set for these, Bethany!

Joni nina Andaya said...

So FUN!!! Love it Bethany!