Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cure for The Monday Blues: Strictly Sparkle

Hey all! Hope you had a lovely day! I've been wanting to play along with Taheerah's Cure For the Monday Blues Challenge for a bit, and I finally had to the chance to make a card for it yesterday! The inspiration this week was gorgeous:

And here is my creation: 


I was first inspired by the flowers. And then the black stripes. And the glitter. And then I took inspiration from the whole layout of the photo. The flowers at the top and the black stripes going across the top and glitter at the bottom. And the colors. Yep, I took inspiration from ALOT of things in that photo. :) 
I don't normally do that!  


I did some masking for the flowers and stripes. I love the results that you get with masking. All the work is really worth it. 


Thanks to Taheerah for the lovely challenge! 


Jesus saves!

-Bethany 

Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (sentiment from Pedal Pusher set, lines from Backround Basics: Stripes set, flowers from Flower Garden set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black, Rose Bud) Tsukineko, (Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet) Papertrey Ink
Glitter: Martha Stewart 

5 comments:

Beverley said...

This is stunning & perfectly done. Love how you were inspired. Hugs Bev x

Laurie said...

Bethany this is so pretty! I love the stripes and the sparkle! :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

I'm so happy to read that you took so much from the inspiration! We were almost spoilt for choice with that picture huh? :-) I love your black stripes alternated with the glitter ones, and your blooms and composition are perfect!! Thank you *so* much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazingly Beautiful!!! Love.love that Sparkle!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is beautiful! Love that sparkle!