Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blue and Green Ombre

Hey all! It looks like we are going to get quite a bit of snow at our house tonight! I might go skiing tomorrow afternoon if the roads aren't bad. I've got a card for you tonight, and it's for the current AE I (Heart) You challenge! The theme this time was ombre.


I don't own any Avery Elle stamps (but the are on my Wish List!) so I used one of their lovely digi stamps. 


I printed out the digital stamp on cardstock and a sheet of printer paper. I cut out the large oval part of the printer paper and used it as a mask over the cardstock. 


I used an ink applicator to blend some inks onto the pattern in an ombre fashion. 


After the whole pattern was covered in ink, I took off the mask, and cut out the shape/frame from the cardstock. Then I took a card base, made some color washes, and splattered the card in an ombre look. 
You can't see it well in the photos, but there is lots of lighter colored splatter at the bottom of the card. 

I also painted over the "Best Wishes" with some color washes, then adhered the frame to the card base. 

Jesus saves!

-Bethany 

Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Digital Stamp: (Avery Elle)
Dye Ink: (Danube Blue, Bahama Blue, Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves) Tsukineko, (Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn) Tim Holtz/Ranger Industries; (Neon Blue, Neon Green) Hero Arts

1 comment:

Yana Smakula said...

such a nice fresh design! Love! Thanks for joining us at the AE's Challenge!