Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pink Galaxy

Hey everybody! I just can't stop making cards for Virginia's View challenge. Watercolors are sooo much fun! :D I've been loving the galaxy/starfield look that is popular lately. I was inspired by this:


I LOVE the galaxy deer silhouette. And the colors are gorgeous. 



I applied some gelatos and inks to my craft sheet, misted on some water (making watercolors), then applied this to my card by lying the card on top of it. I also added some homemade white watercolor splatters. And I saw a card where someone had used gesso as stars on a card. So I splattered in some gesso for "stars!" 
 

I'm not sure this still looks galaxy-ish. But I still think it's pretty! I would love it if a stamp company made a stamp set with galaxy stamps....not stars, but galaxynebula type images.


I'll be back later today! 
I'm off to play a game with my sis and maybe my mom, while watching some Star Trek! :D  



Jesus saves!

-Bethany 


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (sentiment from Birthday Style set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black, assorted...lol. just too many to remember) Tsukineko and other brands
Coloring Medium: (assorted gelatos) Faber Castell Design Memory Craft
Specialty Paper: (vellum) Bazzill
Other: gesso, Perfect Pearls




2 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

I love your organic and artistic approach on this one, Bethany! The colors and splatter are beautiful together! I also love how you positioned the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining the fun with me :)

Viv said...

Wow such a great card, well done :) Viv xx