Sunday, March 9, 2014

Virginia's View-Watercolor!

Hey! Sorry it's been a bit quiet around here. I got a cold earlier this week so I wasn't able to create again 's until yesterday. I am SO excited about Virginia's new challenge: Virginia's View. I created LOTS of cards for it yesterday. I did a couple of videos too...the first should be up soon! Anyhoo...here is an entry for the challenge. The theme was watercolor!


I needed some inspiration so I used this image: 




 I stamped and embossed some lines in an arrow pattern, like in the inspiration photo. 



Then I made some watercolors with dye inks, and painted in between the embossed areas. Oh, how fun! 


I also watercolor painted the "birthday" die cut. 

I might make some more cards for this challenge today! I'm so excited for Virginia with her new challenge! I love it! 

Jesus saves!


-Bethany 


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (line from Backround Basics: Stripes, wishes and arrow from Birthday Style set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Melon Berry) Papertrey Ink, (Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass) Ranger, (Rose Bud, Bahama Blue) Tsukineko
Accents: (enamel dots) Michaels
Embossing Powder: (clear) American Crafts
Die: (birthday word die) Papertrey Ink 

1 comment:

Virginia Lu said...

I love it that YOU love the new challenge! Your water-color background is on trend and gorgeous, Bethany! I love that you took this new approach and made it your own! Thanks so much for linking up to Virginia's View Challenge!