Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Inspired By...

Hey all! Sorry, I haven't been getting much crafting in lately. I just started work up again yesterday so it's going to be a bit more busy for me. I've decided to start a new series (and I have NOT forgotten my Color Wash video series...I plan on having a new video up for that tomorrow!) that I'm going to call Inspired By...
but it's going to be inspired by movies or tv shows I like such as Lord of the Rings, Marvel movies, Star Trek, etc. For my first card it is going to be inspired by the new Captain America movie which is going to be released on Friday! I am SO very excited! I'm going to try to make a t-shirt with the Cap's shield on it or something like that. So, sorry for the long intro I was inspired by the posters for the movie which have a very dark look (lots of navy blues) to them instead of just bright red, white and blue. I still used some red, but more blues and gray. Here are couple posters:



And here is my "Inspired By..." card: 


 

I wanted to go with a design that was simple, yet bold and to the point. I thought it fit better with the "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" theme. 


So I stamped a bunch of lines in various colors and added a sentiment. 


So, is anyone else going to go see Captain America: The Winter Soldier this weekend? You should! :D 


Jesus saves!

-Bethany 


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (lines from Backround Basics: Stripes set, sentiment from Embellishments set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Teal Zeal, London Fog, Lady Bug) Tsukineko, (Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink, (Broken China) Tim Holtz/Ranger

1 comment:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH! I love those stripes--- totally see your inspiration:) FAB one layer card!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love! YOU made my day! HUGS