Saturday, August 16, 2014

Colored Modeling Paste

Hi! How's everyone's weekend going! Mine is pretty great! I got some papercrafting in, and just some relaxing, reading a Captain America comic collection....fun stuff like that. :) And I just had to create something for the current Papertrey Ink Make It Monday...because it involved fun messiness and because the amazingly super talented Laura Bassen did it. :) 
So, the challenge was to do something with colored embossing paste...and here's my take on it: 



I used Laura's idea of making a stencil from a cover plate, which was fun! (I don't own any embossing paste so I used modeling paste.) 


I think I only own one reinker at the moment...usually I just buy new ink pads instead of reinking my old ones when they get dry. Hehe. So I colored my embossing paste by smashing ink pads onto a craft sheet and using that along with some food coloring and spray mists all together, until I got what I thought worked. Then I stenciled all the triangles, peeled of the stencil and let it dry. When I was ready to make the card I trimmed the panel down. 


I added some sun ray die cuts and a sentiment, adhered it all together, added a sentiment and ta-da! There was the finished card! :) I'm quite happy with it! 

So I hope you have a great rest of your weekend...I'll be back soon! 

Jesus saves!

-Bethany 


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamp: (sentiment from Hello Sunshine set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Bahama Blue, Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko; (Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers) Ranger/Tim Holtz
Specialty Ink: (assorted spray mists) Heidi Swapp, Studio Calico 
Dies: (Hello Sunshine dies, Triangle Cover Plate) Papertrey Ink
Other: (Modeling Paste) 

4 comments:

Laura B. said...

Hey! This turned out AWESOME!!! Love that lime green color!

Joyously Noelle said...

Fun background and I love the layout!

jen said...

Love the color & your texture looks amazing!

Kelly Latevola said...

Very cool texture! I love the colors too, they blended together perfectly :)