Thursday, August 28, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge #66

Aloha my friends!  It me again! :) Tonight I'm sharing I card I made this afternoon for the current Runway Inspired Challenge! This was the inspiration: 


And here is what I made: 


I think it's pretty to see how I took inspiration from the dress. ;) I used the arrangement of the flowers on the dress and the colors. But I didn't use any flowers on my card...I used doilies! Fun! And a little different! (To tell the truth, I don't have any flower stamps the right size, like no big sized flower stamps so I had to use these doilies) 


I stamped and embossed the doilies in clear then used watercolor to paint over them. And I loved the imperfect, yet beautiful, look you get with watercolors! 


And, me being me, I had to throw in some splatters. And then a sentiment to finish it off! :D 


Jesus saves!

-Bethany



Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (doily from Delightful Doilies set, sentiment from Pedal Pusher set) Papertrey Ink
Specialty Ink: Versamark
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko 
Embossing Powder: (clear) American Crafts
Other: watercolors


6 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love how you've included the blue with out the whole card being dark! Very clever!

Kelly Latevola said...

Very cool! I love how you outlined the doilies :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

So awesome Bethany! The doilies look amazing watercoloured and I love those splatters! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Stunning...I love the watercolor resist on those doilies! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the blue outline on these flowers! LOOOOOOOOVE the simplicity but detail with that embossed doily design! WOWOWOWOW! You rocked this challenge, Bethany!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the blue outline, think everyone else does too! Very cool!