Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Spec-tac-ular

Good evening! Well, more night, but whatever hehe. I have card I made for the last Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, but I missed the deadline to enter it. But I loved the way this card turned out so much I figured I'd post it anyways. So here was the inspiration photo for the challenge: 


And here's my card: 


So, I was totally inspired by the stripes...and really wanted to do something with them, so I pulled out my Papertrey Ink Backround Basics: Super Stripes set, and stamped some lines on a sheet of cardstock. Then I trimmed what I had stamped down into a much smaller panel, and started to play around with figuring out how I wanted it arranged. My original idea (and what I usually have planned out for a card to look like usually never ends up being how it actually ends up looking) was to just use the one panel and do a really CAS design with a giant stenciled sentiment. 

But then there just had to be this leftover part of the stamped cardstock sheet. And it kept bugging me, like it was telling me "You know, I bet you could do something real neat with me." 
And I just couldn't let it go. So I started playing around with how I could arrange both panels together on the card...and I can up with this. Something about how the lines go different directions really seemed to look neat, so yep, that's what I ended up doing. 

And the sentiment was stenciled with one of the epic Heidi Swapp Stenicil Minis, which I can't stop using. :D 


That was a really long explanation, wasn't it? Whoops, sorry about that...hehe anyways, I hope you like the card. :) 

Tomorrow I get to go shopping for my vacation to Cape Cod in a little less than a month. I have no idea what the weather is going to be like so hopefully whatever I buy will end up working out. I'll have fun shopping regardless. Plus I'm getting a Macbook Air tomorrow! Yay! And I'll get Starbucks, which is a really good thing. Oh, and I'm gonna look at Hot Topic for a Guardians of the Galaxy shirt, or really, any Marvel shirt. Hehe. I'm such a fangirl. 

I better stop now before I keep writing. 

Be back soon! 
Jesus saves!

-Bethany 


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamp: (line from Backround Basics: Super Stripes) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Smokey Shadow, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist) Papertrey Ink; (London Fog, Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Stencil: (Spec-tac-ular) Heidi Swapp


No comments: