Monday, August 25, 2014

Stamp-a-Faire Faux Frescoes

Yeah. I said I'd be posting a ton tonight. Hehe. Sorry, hope you don't mind. This time it's for the Faux Frescoes Challenge with Lizzie Jones. This card is probably the best of the bunch...at least that's what I think. Maybe because it involves one of my favorite things EVER-watercolors. ;) 


And just so y'know...this has a purposefully "imperfect" and textured look...I painted the cardstock with modeling paste and let it dry before stamping and painting the flowers, to get that "fresco" look. 


I also added a sentiment on a strip of vellum. 

I submitted some cards to the PC&S call ending tonight. :) Yay! Hopefully I'll get at least one picked up. I also watched a 40 minute panel from Chicago Comic Con of Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie (ok I hope you all know who they are, but in case ya don't they are Bucky/Winter Soldier and Sam/Falcon, respectively, from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. ;) I was laughing SO. HARD. They are hilarious and very sweet. :)  I so wanna meet them someday.
But enough of my fangirl rambling. 

Jesus saves! 

-Bethany 




Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Recollections/Michaels
Clear Stamps: (sentiment from Pedal Pusher set, flowers and leaves from Flower Garden set) Papertrey Ink
Dye Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Other: watercolors, vellum, modeling paste 

No comments: